So glad you visitied!


Thank you for stopping by!

This blog is a compilation of my favorite recipes. Over the years, I have gathered recipes from lots of different people and places. These are by no means my personal creations, unless noted.


You are invited to comment, chat, and enter recipes of your own. Hope you have fun!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Food Memories Journal 8

So, our nest is officially empty.  

Our wonderful son was recently able to make a new home for himself, leaving us to realize just how big this house is for two people.

During this period of adjustment, I have been trying to clean out the food storage that has accumulated, finish up the leftovers, and create nutritious, portion-controlled meals for the two of us. Suddenly, our refrigerator looks a little barren.  Where once there were plenty of leftovers to choose from, I now need to make do with froot loops or a peanut butter sandwich.  Bleh.

The grocery bill is nice, though. Suddenly, one chicken breast is plenty, or one steak, split between us. Salad has become a meal (much to my husband's delight...he is the only man I have ever known who prefers salad over meat.  Weird.) I no longer have to think about which vegetable I can serve to please everyone - it is easy.  No lima beans or eggplant.  Ever. Peas for one and carrots for the other.  Other than that, we are in agreement.

Thank goodness for freezers.  I think mine will be visited often in the future, especially for days like today.  Apparently I over-bought when bell peppers were on sale.  I roasted twelve this morning,  and will make roasted red pepper soup this afternoon, creating yummy breakfasts and lunches for me..  Good bye, froot loops.

No comments:

Post a Comment