So glad you visitied!


Thank you for stopping by!

This blog is a compilation of my favorite recipes. Over the years, I have gathered recipes from lots of different people and places. These are by no means my personal creations, unless noted.


You are invited to comment, chat, and enter recipes of your own. Hope you have fun!

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Back again....again.

Feeling a bit melancholy, this evening, I decided to revisit my blog.  What lovely memories.  My love of food and cooking has, yet again, taken a backseat to my life.  This makes me very sad. 

When I lose focus on cooking, my family does not eat well, we feel physically unwell, and we gain weight.

I long to get back to fresh vegetables,  tasty meats, and fruits to take care of the sweet cravings. 
  
Fall is approaching - this is a perfect time to start a new habit.

Since I work in the afternoons, I must pre-plan  meals and have them prepared or mostly prepared so that they can cook on time-bake while I am at work.  It is such a warm and welcoming feeling when I drive into the garage and can smell our dinner nearly ready to hit the table.

Since I blogged last, we have had another life change - Mom and Dad have settled into their new home.  The Senior Living Housing Community has two on-site restaurants. 

The Market Place is basically a grill that offers burgers, hot dogs, chicken strips, grilled cheese, fries, and fast food-type items. The food is cooked well and tastes good, but there is a serious lack of fresh vegetables and fruits.  Not the healthiest of food choices.

The Highland is a high end, fancy restaurant.  We have not visited The Highland.  Too expensive, according to Mom and Dad.

Mom and Dad typically have one meal at The Market Place each day, and eat in their small kitchen for the other meals.    When  I cook, I take a portion to them.  They are rather picky, so again with the pre-planning.  It is nice to bring something to them and to hear later that they enjoyed the meal.

So, here I go again.  Planning.  Thinking ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment