So glad you visitied!


Thank you for stopping by!

This blog is a compilation of my favorite recipes. Over the years, I have gathered recipes from lots of different people and places. These are by no means my personal creations, unless noted.


You are invited to comment, chat, and enter recipes of your own. Hope you have fun!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Something new

It is only recently that I have decided to eat Asparagus. 

My first job was working in a hospital kitchen.  When I was scheduled to serve vegetables when asparagus was on the menu, I traded for a different position, if at all possible.  The smell of canned asparagus is very unpleasant to me. 

Imagine my surprise when I decided to be a big girl and try fresh apsaragus two summers ago.  The first time I tried it, I grilled it with salt, pepper, and sesame seeds.  The next time, I roasted it in the oven.  Since that time, I have found four recipes that regularly appear on my dining room table - grilled, roasted, with pasta and tomatoes, and cream of asparagus soup. 

Last night I tried a new recipe.  It knocked my socks off!  So, I am including it in my favorites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment